Announcing the 2012 West Point Bridge Design Local Contest for GarrettsBridges.com. This contest will run from March 12th through April 30th, 2012. This local contest is open to all visitors of garrettsbridges.com regardless of age or schooling.
Local Contest Code
(1) Register for the West Point Bridge Design Contest at http://bridgecontest.usma.edu/login.htm. If you are not “eligible contestants,” as defined by the WPBDC rules, that’s OK. You can still register in the “Open Competition.”
(2) On the final page of the web registration system (the same page on which teams are asked to provide their e-mail address and password), you will see a text box labeled, “If you are participating in a local contest organized by your school, a local engineering association, or other organization, enter your Local Contest Code here.” You should enter the Local Contest Code in this text box.
(3) The website will check that the code is a valid one and will post a confirmation on the Team Home Page.
(4) If a contestant has already registered and did not enter the Local Contest Code at the time of registration, he or she can add it at any time by logging into the Team Home Page.
(5)You can view the Local Contest Scoreboard on the following web page:
This scoreboard will be automatically updated at least every 24 hours after the Qualifying Round begins.
(6) If you have any problems accessing the Local Contest Scoreboard, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me here on this page.
- 1st Place: $50
- 2nd Place: $30
- 3rd Place: $20
These cash prizes will be paid out via PayPal.
For tips you can join the facebook fan page for the West Point Bridge Design Contest and follow their twitter page @WPBridgecontest.